BRIEF ON HEALTH FOUNDATION:
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Health Foundation was established under Act-IV of Provincial Assembly Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 13th December 1995 and started its function in January 1996. The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Health Foundation Act was revised under Act-IV of 2016 passed by Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 25th May 2016 and was assented by the Government Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 2nd June 2016.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVE UNDER PREVIOUS ACT-1995 HEALTH FOUNDATION:
Under previous Act Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Health Foundation, the main aims and objectives of the Foundation were:
- Establish or cause to be established institutions for needs of basic health services duly approved by the technical, financial or any other committee as the Board may constitute.
- Subject to such standard as laid down by Government, give loans and grants to private organizations and individuals, on such terms and conditions as may be approved by the Board, for establishing or taking over operation of such basic health units and other rural and urban health facilities as Government may, from time to time, specify:
- Take appropriate measures for integration, co-ordination, consolidation and monitoring of privately managed health institutions assisted by the Foundation to ensure the quality and standard of health services in private sector,
- Take measures to promote, develop and finance health institutions in health deficient areas, priority being given to diagnostic and clinical facilities of mother and child health care, and
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned to it by the Government.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES UNDER REVISED ACT OF 2016 OF HEALTH FOUNDATION:
Under the revised Act-2016 of Khyber Pakhtunkhawa Health Foundation the main aim and objective / function of the Foundation is to promote and enable the development of innovative health care delivery models to achieve policy objectives of Government of the Khyber Pakhtunkhawa to improve coverage through various means of Public-Private-Partnership for healthcare delivery services.
MILESTONES ACHIEVED BY HEALTH FOUNDATION AFTER ACT REVISED IN 2016:
After revision of Health Foundation Act in 2016 following mile stones are achieved by the Health Foundation till date:
Amendment in Health Foundation Act:
Necessary amendments carried out in Health Foundation Act and are passed and Notified by the Provincial Assembly to functionalize Health Foundation in smooth way.
Notification of PPP Rules and Managing Director Appointment and Removal Rules.
Health Foundation PPP Rules and Managing Director Appointment and Removal Rules are prepared and been notified by the Government.
Board of Governors Meetings
After Notification of Board of Governors by government 4 meeting are held so far and major decision regarding rules and regulations of Health Foundation been taken.